The Royal Institute of Dutch Architects (in Dutch ‘Branchevereniging Nederlandse Architectenbureaus’, or, in short, BNA), is the professional organisation of architects in the Netherlands.
Its predecessors, the ‘Society for the Advancement of Architecture’ and the ‘Association of Dutch Architects’ (of which H.P. Berlage was a leading figure) were founded in 1842 and 1908 respectively.
In the early years of the 20th century, a number of architects felt the need for closer association to strengthen their social position. Until then they worked as architects in private practice, without any formal ties to the construction industry. In 1919, the society and association merged to form the present Institute.
The Institute received royal patronage in 1957. The 150th anniversary of professional association was celebrated in 1992, and the royal patronage was prolonged for another 25 years in February 2012.